Baltic Cultural Events
- We support Baltic Song Festivals and cultural events in the U.S. and Canada. Stop by our table at the next event!
- We sponsor all Latvian Song and Dance Festivals in the US and Canada (2015 San Jose, 2017 Baltimore)
- We sponsor Baltic conferences (2018 Baltic Boston Centennial, AABS – Association for the Advancement of Baltic Studies)
- In addition to sponsorship and participation, LRFA provided a $10,000 startup loan to the 2017 Latvian Song and Dance Festival in Baltimore, MD
Support for Baltic non-profit organizations in the U.S.
- Youth programs such as the Latvian Boy Scouts & Girl Guides
- Folkdance group events
- Summer camps and Baltic language education programs
- Latvian Chamber of Commerce in the Americas
- American Latvian Association
- Latvian Broadcasting in Chicago. This is the only radio station in America that broadcasts in the Latvian language.
Construction of Latvian Centers in the U.S.
In 2009, LRFA provided a loan to the Latvian Evangelical Lutheran Church in Washington, DC so that they could improve access for the elderly and disabled. We provided additional funding to build a retirement home.
Relief Work in Latvia
- We regularly donate to the Victims of Communism Memorial Foundation.
- We support the Latvian Freedom Fund (Latvijas Brivibas Fonds) for their projects in Latvia.
Make a Donation
Did you know that your donation to LRFA is tax-deductible? Make a donation and support our organization’s efforts. There are several options when making a donation. You can make a contribution via PayPal below or mail us a check today. In addition, you can make bequest or make LRFA a beneficiary as part of your estate planning.